Saturday, June 9, 2012

You keep on pushing my love (over the Borderline)...


We interrupt this show already in progress for a programming note:
You think narcissism is just vanity but you’d be wrong.
I create an identity, then I try to force everyone else to buy into it.  The borderline personality disorder (BPD) however waits to meet someone, and then constructs a personality suitable to that person. Borderline buys in.
If I am the main character, bending and manipulating whatever I can get my hands on (and I am), borderline is always the actress waiting for her script. If I like football, than she will love football. If she used to be a fan of a team I hate, she adopts my team. She is the Echo.
That is not to say the borderline doesn’t believe my team is now the best. She believes it wholeheartedly because that is what the script says and she’s going to hit that mark. When the last of her friends try to wake her up to the destruction I am causing, she will say, “you don’t know him like I do...”.
Those rare few, who can judge based on behavior can see this. We’ll call them Nemesis. But the borderline is judging the version of me that she has accepted, bought into and wanted to see.
Most girls I meet know that I do not know kung fu, they may like me anyway when I lie and pretend I do. Borderline however believes I know kung fu. 
So the online world (especially) is filled with souls running around looking for the perfect type, our supporting cast, while oblivious to the idea that these ‘characters’ actually have lives, dreams, hopes and fears quite distinct from our own.
The rest are running around looking for someone to complete them. Give them a script they can believe in. Give them the meaning they just know is out there.
It’s not that we are all stupid and can’t grasp this, but it’s what has been and continues to be pumped into our craniums all our lives as normal. I’m not here to tell you Advertising/marketing is the illuminati, hell, you give them most of what they want anyway. But a laser light, scope is pointed at your forehead 24/7. It’s trillion dollar industry for a reason. Your entertaining treason to think otherwise. Besides, the laugh track will laugh for you, so relax. No need to notice, go back to your cubicle life now...consume, consume, consume.
All those characters in sitcoms and movies whose sole existence is to help the main character find themselves, reach new heights; only to what?...disappear? fade into the background? Cease to exist. On TV, friends exist only to listen to main characters every ridiculous thought and fashion quibble. In real life they have shit to do and often they just don’t answer. And we fail to truly connect with them because of it.
These are all missed connections. A life of missed connections...
N.

1 comment:

  1. Sad but true, once they exit stage left its easy for the narcissist to forget another being, they move on to the next experiment/human for their next big scene/storyline...while like u said, the original now ceases to exist.

    ReplyDelete

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();