Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Don't you (forget about me)

You were doing shots with the band when you first saw me at the bar last night. As per standard operating procedure I pretended not to notice you. You however raped me with your eyes. How could you not?

You were too shy to come over and chat. This I understand. You did seem to muster the courage to go topless for awhile and even dance on the bar for a bit. I thought you overdid your cry for my attention when you let the really old guy do a shot off your belly. (Sigh) We all overplay a scene from time to time. I was playing the role of the distant, lone, stranger with the 1000 yard stare. Too cool to participate. I chuckle even know. I nailed it. Always do.

Your final act of desperation was SO John Hughes though. Bursting into the mens room while I was relieving my unit. I nearly pissed on my leg. "Cut! Take 2. This time break the 4th wall!".

I WAS NOT expecting the drummer and base player to be right behind you though. Then you all piled into the 3rd stall and I remember thinking that your loud gagging noises were not the best way to win me over. But, I left my number on my napkin for you anyway. What can I say, I like John Hughes and clearly you wanted it. Freeze frame my fist pumped into the air.

Atmospheres, 'we love the things that hate us' was playing as I returned to my stool and I for a moment I felt that I was on the verge of something profound...but, I drank that sensation away quickly.

N.

No comments:

Post a Comment

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();