Monday, June 18, 2012

South by Southwest (Stranded)

You probably won't see this. But, lets try anyway. You were in an airplane, barreling down the runway. Just about up to speed for take-off.

I was on 65 South. Barely in the emergency lane. Broke down and snarling traffic for miles.

And as squinted to the heavens to pray that my life end abruptly, violently and preferably soon... We met. Yes, as your plane lifted, you looked out the window and saw me. I saw you. We checked each other out pretty extensively I might add for the entire 3.5 seconds it took your plane to clear my field of vision.

Since I don't see an ad here for me, from you, I am beginning to worry that you crashed, are stranded on a bizarre island and either have only a soccer ball to keep you company or you are in the Dharma Initiatives grasp.

Morse code me the odometer reading from my car, so I know its you. And the year of my car, and tell me what words I was mouthing, for I know you heard me with your heart.

And I will save you. Well, after I get the car fixed and as soon as my probation ends. I mean like the day of. Or the very next day for sure.

N. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();