Saturday, June 9, 2012

I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die (600 W.Jeff)

"Please state your name..."

"My name is Narcissus Thespiae." and I am unique. My destiny is of cosmic proportions. But until then, I masturbate and watch movies which are release valves for my anxiety about the future not getting here quite fast enough.
Contrary to popular opinion, I don't need to be the best, the most handsome or the strongest. I just have to be THE main character.
Echo seems nearby, always, yet out of reach and Nemesis lurks in the shadows.

"Turn to your left..." It's not that I'm in love with myself. It's that I want love THRU your eyes.

"Turn to your right...". Besides, narcissism is hard work. I'm on set 24/7. And supporting cast never seem to be on par with my skills. But carry the show I must. And I do.

"Please stand on the painted yellow feet..." Yet, with every passing day, I realize I will not fight bad guys, not join the CIA, not be in a band, not throw the winning touchdown.
I will not know kung fu.

"Buzz the chief...incoming from holding to general quarters..." Buzzers sound and doors unlock.

"Do exactly as I say. Put all your clothes in this marked box. Step into the shower. Use the bottle marked lime..." It's as if you thought you were cast in the Matrix movie, only to find out, holy shit, you are in Inception.
I'm in a matrix of someone else's 4th level, deep shitted, bad dream. Worse, there is no waking up.

"Get dressed. Underwear, socks, jump suit and sandals only." Thankfully, alcohol, narcotics and the occasional lay numb the oppressive silence. I remain undiscovered.
Someday my life will kick in though. Someday you will love me.

"Open cell doors....Main....One, Narcissis Thespiae entering block 01, cell 2b." At times I feel on the verge of...a connection, with something greater than myself. But as I ponder what that entails, distractions abound.
I endeavor to try this time and look beyond myself and..."

"Clerk note the time and make sure 1st shift gets a copy. Clerk? Sandra, you in there?" Sandra? Female clerk? Could she be the one? Is that you Trinity? Echo?

Dear Sandra, county jail clerk - night duty. I know you are going to post about me any minute. You were getting a Kit Kat when I first came through booking but you saw me, you really saw...

N. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();