Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hot, sweaty and secreting antigens (Turn left at the olfactory)


I was just powering down from an intense run. You looked me over pretty extensively and then asked if I work out this intensely all the time, especially in this heat.
I had just lifted a hefty sum from a dealer who works for a man I aim to put a hurting on. So I was winded to be sure. Also weighted down with a gym bag full of cash.
“I’ve been known to push the limits.”
“I’m not sure what I’m going to order, so you can cut me in line, if you want.” Your body language was inviting even though you left little room for me to get by you. You were in decent shape and your fingers played with your mouth as you spoke. 
“Thanks.” To the girl at the counter I requested “an instant vigor smoothie... ”
As I walked past you took a deep, inhale of my scent and seemed to be cherishing it while I made my transaction.
“...with the immune enhancer please.”
Turning quickly as to startle but not scare I asked, “Ever hear of Claus Wedekind?” Smiling to show some play.
“Who? um, no!...” The smile was returned.
“Famous researcher. So in 95’ he published the results of what is now known as the “Sweaty T-shirt Experiment”. He asked women to sniff T-shirts men had been wearing for a few days, with no perfumes, soaps, or showers. He found, and subsequent research has confirmed, that most of the women were attracted to the scent of men whose major histocompatibility complex, the MHC, differed from her own.”
“Interesting. We ladies love us some MHC.” Less fingers by your mouth this time but more tongue. And a cute smirk. Your eyes never left mine.
I moved slightly closer. “True dat. Makes genetic sense because the MHC indicates the range of immunity to various pathogens. Without realizing it, you are preferring men who will be a benefit to your future offspring just by their scent.” Deep pull on the smoothie for effect.
“Moms know best.” The girl at the counter was asking for your order but you weren’t even listening.
Nor was I as a tinted 2012 Infiniti QX rolled to a stop outside. The windows of Smoothie King rattling from the bass in the audio system as it crept out of sight.
“The problem is that women taking birth control pills don’t seem to show the same responsiveness to these male scent cues. Quite random actually. And years later when they come off them to drop some kids, they no longer want the man they have. Guess you could say he don’t smell right anymore.”
“You don’t say...Guess that explains why you don’t have a ring eh Doctor...hey...Where you going?”
I wish I could of stayed. But putting you in danger I could not do. I lost someone like you once because I was reckless. Had to go though enjoyed the banter.
Still, If your reading this, we can chat...
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();