Friday, July 6, 2012

Echo fading...(Nemesis rising)


In case you didn’t know, Echo is my soul mate. She was the one. Just picking up her scent enthralls me. I can be seven ways beyond angry at her. Lord knows she pushes my buttons. But I cannot stop loving her. I gave up trying to understand her a long time ago. The best females are impossible to figure out. She is eternity wrapped in tan skin and dark hair. She snorts a little when she laughs a lot.
When the doctors told Echo that her insides were rocky ground were my seed could find no fertile ground, she was devastated. Got to be were she barely climbed out of bed. I could not console the woman who had saved my life. Colors faded and dust accumulated. 
My record prevented adoption and money kept most other options distant. The days drug on.
In my desperation I turned to someone I didn’t fully understand. The strong man. The wicked one. Boss. The overlord Pan. 
I had dealt with Pan before in my lawless youth. Survived to tell the tale and I figured that if I could just fix the problem, my Echo would be ok. For that I needed money and Pan could help me score it fast.
What I did not foresee was that Pan would desire my Echo, betray me and leave me for dead. Losing Echo to Pan was the bitter payment I received. 
Focused on myself, worried about me and seeing Echo only through my own reflection, I lost her. Thinking I was saving her I was sending her away.
Make no mistake, I still hunt the goat fucker Pan. I struck him down once already. Maybe I’ll tell some of those sordid tales one day, Missed encounters where I almost finished off the godlike avenger. That is, if we don’t kill each other first. 
Needless to say, Echo disapproved of my turning to illegal activities. I know now, too late, that she really only wanted my unconditional love. More than bearing me offspring, more than money, more than all the instruments I bought her.
Seems whenever I would win her back, something would cause me to lose her yet again. Always the wealthy and beautiful Nemesis in the shadows. 
You see, Pan unleashed the wench Nemesis to stalk my every step. She is a vengeful bitch. Never underestimate her. I have the scars to prove it. Sometimes even pretending to be Echo to lure me in. 
I trudge on. Seeing her everywhere but she is nowhere. She is the only true love I have ever known. My echo.
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();